Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tell Me It Isn't So........

I've just finished listening to the WNED Buffalo news with Jim Lehrer. It has been reported that some people in Penn. were canvassed as to who they would vote for as President of the United States and some people said that they wouldn't vote for Obama because of his colour. Surely, in this day and age, prejudice against colour doesn't exist...but apparently, it does. Tell me it isn't so.

I am a person of colour. I am white. My Jamaican friend, Lynette, told me once that in the world in which she grew up, whites were referred to as Pasteurized Wasps.

With the world in such financial crises, I can't believe that some people are actually concerned about the colour of a candidate's skin. Wouldn't it be more intelligent to be concerned about their ethics, their experience, their qualifications for the job than about the colour of their skin.

And I'm having trouble posting this...wonder if there is some prejudiced 'bug' stopping me from expressing my POV (point of view).

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home