Thursday, October 9, 2008

Color of skin, etc.

Yes, I am a color too. Sort of sand, with milky pink undertones.
The only person who would not be a color would be "clear", then we could see their bones, etc.
I'm not for Obama because is a liberal with a capitol "L". I'm conservative, I believe in the Judo-Christian values our country was founded on. Over the past 17 years I've worked in the pro-life comunity and helped to establish a crisis pregnancy center in our city. Now we have three branches. Hundreds, if not thousands of women have chosen to give life to their babies through this center. Men and women have been healed from the guilt and pain of past abortions.
I believe it was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who said " I long for the day when a child is judged by the content of his character, not the color of his skin". I believe Obama has "O" content to his character.
I'm not thrilled with McCain, but really like Sarah Palin!
OK, I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest, but Rosy did ask.
Yes, there are people who wouldn't vote for a man or woman because of their skin color. There are prejudices everywhere.
I too have dear friends from Jamaica, from Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc.
--Just as an example of prejudice--I was driving in a mostly "black" neighborhood several years ago when school kids started taunting me--"Hey, white girl-you looking for a Man, white girl". To which I responded -Yes, I'm looking for -----------, I'm his parole agent. They quickly changed their tune! I still remember the looks on the faces.
I'm sure Jane in N.C. could add some stories about the court system.
OK, it's too early in the morning for heavy stuff. Going to eat some cereal, have some tea, and start the day.
We quilters have something in common other than politics and skin color.
Thankfully!
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home