Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good advice, Laura

We are having federal elections here in Canada on Tuesday of this week. I am fed up with our two major parties, the Conservatives and the Liberals. That leaves the NDP & the Green party. It will be a split vote this time and our present Prime Minister, Steven Harper, decided on this election to gain a majority, which he won't get. He's had foot and mouth disease with the arts community for one thing...like the politician in Australia who commented on 'not so good looking women' moving to an area in Australia in which there were predominantly men so that they could all find husbands...not long ago in the newspaper...the title of which was: Take foot, place in mouth.

Interesting how people base their choices on who they vote for.....not on the experience, intelligence and people surrounding that choice. While I was appalled at the fact that some people wouldn't vote for Obama because of his skin colour; I was even more appalled that no-one got Bush's nurturing, new age approach in the last election where Gore, who had far less charisma, at least had the intelligence and experience in international relations. People get what they vote for...I'm apolitical but Bush's approach was pretty thin as far as seeing through his...I'll look after you, just vote me in, type of approach.

What happens in the US affects Canada and the rest of the world. The financial markets are downright scary at the moment. I hope others consider Laura's advice and think carefully before voting. The running mate of McCain has no proven record in the international field but her fiesty spirit will likely suck in unsuspecting voters.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Barbara in VT said...

Very interesting to read some of the political comments made here. Unfortunately, there are still those who are racist, but also those who are bigoted in other areas -- I think, unfortunately, it will still be along time before there will be a Jewish president. I am not so much for Obamsa as I
am vehemently against the McCain-Palin ticket. Palin, in my opinion, is one of the most frightening people to come along (and I know others who voice the same opinion). I will definitely be voting for the Obama ticket. My daught has frequently, in the past and now, voiced her opinion that she is always voting not FOR someone, but against someone.
Barbara in VT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home