Thursday, August 14, 2008

checking in . . . still here

Hi y'all. I hope this finds everyone doing well and enjoying our summer.

I've been out of circulation due to my 6 1/2 y/o computer getting very very slow. Bit of a story and I won't bore you with the details. It was time to trade up. We bought a new computer and it would not install a couple of programs, so it had to go to our computer guy. (sheesh!) He finally got the 'puter to take them while in "Safe" mode. Argh. But I'm back online and figured out how to find the BB Chat here. (I lost all my bookmarks/favorites from the old computer). I agree that it is a PITA to sign in for posting, but at least we still have the BB Chat and it is free of spammers and flamers.

Yes, ITA. Old age does not come alone. I had hernia repair surgery eight years ago and the blasted thing has torn again this summer. I'll see the surgeon in a week. The memories of my last inguinal hernia repair surgery are still etched vividly in my mind (like childbirth was) and I am NOT looking forward to doing this again. Ugh.

After a week or two of high temps in the mid 90s, we're back to highs in the upper 80s. It's been a nice summer, especially compared to last year. DH and I are off to Scottsdale, AZ for a mini-vacation this weekend. While hoping the hernia doesn't totally blow out, I'm looking forward to the trip. DGF and I will walk the mall slowly (LOL) and the rest of the trip is rather passive while the DHs play golf in the Arizona heat.

A friend sent me this link in an email; here is a really precious dog video: http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/08071701.html Enjoy!

Hugs to everyone!
Doris W. in TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home