Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another one hooked!



My 12-year-old DD is now officially "hooked". She completed her first quilt, hand quilted and all, last week. Mother and daughter are so proud! Some of you may remember that this is the DD I let play with my fabrics while I sewed, hoping it would pay off in years to come--and it did! She is eagerly anticipating her next quilt. Someone may use up this stash of mine after all!

I'm going to try to post a photo or two so you can see her smiling face.

Jean in VT

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 3:27 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Congratulations to the young lady, great quilt!

 
At August 20, 2008 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Jean, what a dream come true to share your love of quilting with your daughter!
She's adorable. Tell her congrats on her 1st quilt, it's beautiful.
I was wondering how many kids you have, but I can see all of you in the picture!

 
At August 20, 2008 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Jean in VT said...

I know; I didn't realize I had put the whole family in the photo until after I took the picture! Three boys, two girls, and this one is my quilter. Thanks, Lavinia and Jill, for your nice comments. I'll pass them along to DD.

 
At August 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Selvage Quilter said...

What a great quilt! Nice job!
Karen in New York

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home