Sunday, June 29, 2008

VQF/Tin Lizzie

Got to go to the Vermont Quilt Festival today. What a feast for the eyes! Not only were the quilts in the show fantastic, but the samples that the vendors had in their booths were wonderful as well. I was on sensory overload most of the time I was there.

My 14 year old DS kept me from doing too much damage to my wallet at the vendors by virtue of the fact that he was ready to leave long before I was, but I did manage to come away with a quilting stencil (said hi to Hollice!), a pattern that combines quilting and embroidery (love that) and a denim shirt DH insisted I needed with the VQF logo embroidered on it.

I also tried out a couple of machine quilting set-ups. One was a Husquevarna that only had 8" of quilting space at a time, and the other was the Tin Lizzie, which had about 14" of space available. I had so much fun with the minute or two I tried the Tin Lizzie. I was doing a meandering pattern, and it was as simple as pie. The stitch regulator kept all my stitches the same size and made it look like I knew what I was doing! I was wishing I had the $7000 for the set-up. Has anyone else tried the Tin Lizzie? Pros? Cons? I can't really afford one this year (though they were offering two-year financing) but I sure did enjoy playing with it today.

Well, back to bed for me. Maybe now the dog will be quiet and not wake me up again? Heaven knows, I could use some beauty sleep!

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home