Wednesday, June 25, 2008

EH?

Don't hesitate to get a hearing aide. They cost like fury but think of all the music you are missing not to mention bird song. One doesn't notice while the accuity is fading gradually. I for one was uncomfortable asking people to repeat themselves. I know how annoying it was when Al constantly complained about my "mumbling". I guess that was easier than admiting that he was aging and all that shooting skeet and sporting clays was taking a serious toll. He finally conceded that real men do wear earplugs but not until serious damage was done well into his fifties. Even then he wouldn't wear them while using a chain saw, weed whacker etc. I got to using them when I run the vaccuum cleaner. I guess it's a case of old too soon; smart too late.

If it weren't for tendon woes in my foot and both knees I'd be ready to try out for the track team. I will have a car rented by Friday and will break out and be able to get to the rec. center to use the recumbent bicycle to rebuild a bit of stamina which is sorely (pun intended) lacking these days. Had to drop the Celebrex after a three week trial. I'd resumed taking a few weeks ago. A few small hives were making their reappearence. RATS! That's another reason why pain is a problem. All the aches of osteo arthritis have come back. I'd been taking Celebrex since it hit the market and just developed the hives last August.

Somebody got some cheese to go with this whine?

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home