Saturday, June 28, 2008

checking in

JANE IN NC --- good to see you posting more. I hope your recovery continues well.

SARA IN FLA --- when do you go to Ireland? DH has been there for the past week, on the west/southwest side, with seven other buddies playing golf. The weather has been dreadful with pelting rain each day courtesy of 30 - 50 mph wind. They are NOT happy campers, and are really looking forward to coming home tomorrow. Such a shame, too, as they have planned this trip for a year and it is not a cheap trip.
Sara, bring GoreTex clothing. ;o)

SUMMER is in full swing here. We've had no rain for a month and I've been watering shrubs & flowers like mad so they won't die. I hope it's not too late, as some new yews were wilting. I'm quite stingy with the watering because our water is so expensive. Our heat has been quite bearable, but after last summer, this is like a picnic. Lots to be grateful about.

I got our mini blinds cleaned yesterday by a great local service. They take them down, clean them ultrasonically, and were hanging back up in two hours. I am definitely losing some R- value due to the insulation effect of all that dust & grime that was on the blinds. I haven't figured out a good way to keep them dusted.

I also took some drapes down to have them cleaned, and next I need to have the window cleaners come. It's been a few years, and that is a terribly expensive service. Our windows are double-hung type, with storm windows over them. At my age and my joints, it is too much and the second story windows are too dangerous. I'm sure the dirt is creating a solar heat barrier, so perhaps I should wait until October. (wink/grin)

I hope everyone is having a safe summer. Hugs to y'all,
Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home