Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm in - maybe

I just finished a quilt of 30s prints in the 9 patch and snowball design. The color arrangement makes the blocks look like stars. I will give it to my cousin who has planned our first family reunion ever. The last time many of us were together was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in 1959. All of our parents are gone so it is a wonder we can still have this connection.

My next project is to prepare backings for three tops finished earlier. If I was smart enough to locate my folder where the photos have been deposited I would share pictures. Someday, maybe.

We are having more than our share of water in Iowa - our count here is more than 10 inches for June already. One evening the storms blew the basement window open during a tornado warning and the water came gushing in. At least we were there when it happened and could
mend that problem, but the water table is so high we are still getting seepage in the basement. Fortunately we have never finished the basement so we are just vacuuming water from the concrete floor. The same night electricity was out for 30 minutes but we only had to vacuum one missed cycle of the sump pump from the floor. Now the sump pump is sparking. If the rain ever quits we will need to fix/replace that. I fear the danger from that as much as the storms.

I have trusted my luck here long enough. Good to hear from so many of you.
Laura in IA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home