Monday, June 9, 2008

Posting takes so long, for slow speed dial up

This is why I'm not here very much any more...but then the amount of spam on the other site is horrendous so it is worth the wait as my slow speed dial up takes its time downloading this site. Yes, I agree, it is nice to catch up on news from older posters and Thea, welcome. It's good to read your posting and Beverly's from Britain as well.

It's early morning here, the dogs time-table unfortunately was enthusiastically not realistic and out they went at 5:15 this morning. A long day now for me but I love the early mornings here in summertime although officially it is not so until June 21. We've had scorching hot weather this week, storms rolling through and the threat of a tornado just north of us last night which ended in us having a short but fierce thunderstorm coming through here after supper but nothing more than that. It's cooled down a bit this morning and hopefully the day will remain more temperate.

I'm driving to the airport later today to pick up a very nervous passenger (hoping that predicted thunderstorm for later today misses Toronto Pearson airport). She is a cyber friend, whom I have not met, from California and we've been corresponding ever since we 'met' on the chicken chat line (a forum for chicken owners and breeders). One would not think of breeding chickens..they seem to multiply like Jean's feral cats, a never ending supply of hen's eggs producing various breeds of chickens. She is here until the 18th so I have planned mini excursions for her to see southern Ontario which I will enjoy too.

From the wintry winds down under to the northern climes where the sun is just now rising over the back woods and softly leaving patches of golden yellow on our lovely green grass...white is nice; green is much better. I'd like to live in these temperatures all my life. Winter tests the patience of a very patient person by its longevity. I think of it as a quiet time for resting and quilting. One day I wonder if I'll get swallowed up in it's wintry tentacles just waiting for spring.

I posted a question to the BB board yesterday and couldn't get back on to explain how I'd solved my problem. I heated oil and applied it to the gummy surface of my plastic containers..poof, off the gum came.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home