Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tenneh on the Mt

Hi girls!
I am still here on the Mt, where it is wintery and cold, with a blast of snow over the last 2 days. Much of that got washed away by rain overnight.

It is lovely to see so many of the old BB still out there chatting! I think of you often.

Life has been very challenging and very tiring over the last 18 months since DH lost his leg in an accident.
I am still working at the hospital but exploring other options of work with out the long travel times. They are limited when you live so far in the back blocks.
DH managed the haymaking season, but is unwilling to really talk about how he can manage. I think he is suffering from depression as well, and he has lots of phantom pain. However he does not want to see anyone about it and battles on. He now has leg 3, leg 2 was very unsuccessful, so mobility is a big issue. The cold as well is a challenge, but we are here for the winter.

It was a dry summer in parts of NZ but we squeaked through with light rain, then went into a very dry autumn. With the cold we have had a long spell of spectacular autumn colour locally which has delighted the soul. However we have gone hard for feed into the winter now but we kept back some of our own hay, so with good management we will make it through to the spring.

I have not quilted much at all. I have smocked and made Pjs for my little girl, so now I am turning my interest back to the quilts. I have just cut some I Spy fabrics to send to Hungary. I don't know what their fabric supplies are like there! I met my friend after she and her husband came to visit NZ and he died climbing a local Mt. He was only 42, and she is in her early 30s. We have kept in touch since, and she went home to her two little children aged 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. She has had a horrendous time coping. I sent her a photo of My DD2 on her I spy quilt. She liked it, and it turns out she is a very experianced seamstress, so I am starting her into quilting! I have enjoyed going through my stash, and am sending her the materials to make 2 lap quilts for her kids. Hopefully the bright colors with help cheer her up.
My next big focus is to work on my mums applique quilt and mark a wholecloth quilt for myself.

DD1 has come back from her long planned trip to Vietman with her school, and had a fantastic time- holding snakes and eating exotic foods. Her red hair made her stand out and she found it hard to have people touching her hair and skin so much- she stood out in the crowds. It has certianly given her a taste for travel though. she got a tummy bug on the flight out from Vietman, and says she knows where every toilet is between terminal 2 and 5 in Singapore! She missed any oppourtunity to go to Dutyfree shopping there!

Love and Hugs to you all,
Cheers from Thea under the windswept peaks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home