Friday, June 6, 2008

Another checking in...

Jean, I was not impressed when I had my 50th birthday but three years later I threw myself a 50th birthday party -- 50 was looking better all the time!

Kitty Kate: Yes, she is still very much alive. She has been through some really rough times and is running out of treatment options, but things are fairly stable at the moment and she has a new little granddaughter to love, so all is not bad!

Grace's Retreat: I have not booked the flights and hotel yet but will be doing that this weekend. We are getting a good group of people signing up for this one-- it is going to be a lot of fun!

Did I mention that DH and I are going to Europe for three weeks? We leave on the 18th -- and we are taking our 13 year old granddaughter with us! It won't be the most restful trip we have ever taken, but it will be fun to share some of our favourite places with the next generation. We are going to Germany, France and Austria, and I am having a lot of fun designing an 'educational' itinerary!

Unfortunately, before I can go anywhere I have to get my house and life organized! This is not as easy as I would like it to be, but it must be done before I bring the house and farm and pet sitter in here! Poor girl is going to have enough of a learning curve without having to deal with my clutter! Also before I go anywhere I have to get some hand sewing prepared to take along -- I am going to start on our Rosey's Canadian Provincial Flowers quilt while we are traveling, but must prepare the templates and pull the fabrics... Traditionally I end up doing that at midnight of the day before we fly out. I am going to try to do better than that this time...

Kitten report: Yup, it is that time of the year again. We have a number of kittens in foster care and more coming, but only four of them are at my house. (It was five but one of the vet techs adopted one tiny little black one who was in for her spay this morning...) Because I will be away so much this year I am not able to do much fostering myself but we have been lucky and have some new foster homes, so the work is being shared around a little better than in the past. And things are going so well that there are actually *no* kittens available at our pet store adoption centre at the moment -- the few that we have had have been adopted out within hours of being taken there, and there is a waiting list for the next batch! Gotta love it!

And now I had better get on with my evening, since I have been away all day sewing a raffle quilt with my sewing group ladies.

Jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home