Friday, June 6, 2008

Checking in in Fla.

Feeling hot,hot,hot. Went for a 2 mile walk at 8:15 and came home covered in sweat. Yesterday was about 95, most likely the same today.
Summer is here.
Tomorrow morning at 7 AM I'm starting out on a new adventure. Going to start training for the 1/2 marathon on Oct. 4th. One GF is going to go with me, so I'll have a training partner. We both need to lose some weight, and want some motivation. She works at the Mayo clinic here, and they are a sponsor of the Feb. 2009 1/2 and full marathon. Maybe we can motivate each other and do this thing.
Glad to hear from so many people who have not posted lately.
Has anyone heard from Kitty Kate? Is she still alive? She was in bad shape last time I heard, and that was close to a year ago.
I've been working on one quilt of valor, and have just started quilting it.
I'm going to play around with the monogram feature and try to do something like "God bless you" or some such on it.
Doing kayaking tomorrow also. Will have to take a long nap in the afternoon!
Sara in steamy, hot Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home