Saturday, May 24, 2008

COPY OF NOTE TO JILL OF PORTLAND

Thanks for the package of goodies which came in today's mail. It was a real day brightener.

I've never had a designer tissue. I must wait for a formal occasion to use one. A big snotty sneeze as some bride says "I do" would be just about the right time. The mints are tasty indeed. You really struck a chord with the Sinatra CD. Al was probably his biggest fan and I was a close second. The night Sinatra died we played our favorite recording and danced in the kitchen in tribute.

I'm ambulating reasonably well. It's easier some days than others. My biggest pain problem is in my left knee. It was not injured in the accident but was installed in January. All that two months I couldn't bear weight on the right ankle I had to pivot on the left foot to switch from wheel chair to toilet or other seating. I'm a bit afraid that there might have been damage from all that torque on the new joint. I'll see the knee guy next week. The hand is making measurable but slow progress.

Now that I'm reasonably safe ambulating in house and able to get out in case of fire etc. I'm sending my brother home later next week. I will have a home health aide come for two hours three days a week so I can shower with someone here and she'll do a bit of light housekeeping. A neighbor/ dear friend who is just about destitute will chauffeur me for gas money and something for his time. I need the help and he needs the dough. If I had a car I'd be buying the gas anyway.

I guess I'll go ahead and post the progress report now that I've written it. Typing is getting quite a bit bitter.

Love,
Jane

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2008 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Jane:
Glad you are healing!
I just finished readig Bryson City Secrets, by Dr. Walt Larimore. I thought he was in Bryson City for 20 years, but I guess it was only 4.
He spoke last Oct. at our preg. center dinner.
He is a good writer, and has written Bryson city Tales, Seasons, and this one. He had to deliver a cow on his first duty as a family doctor!
Stay well.
Sara in 100% humid Floria

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home