Sunday, May 18, 2008

checking in . . .

JILL IN PORTLAND - Great photos from the quilt market! I was particularly interested in the Anna Maria-Seams To Me booth. She lives here and is supposed to do a program presentation to our local ASG (American Sewing Guild) chapter this fall. Her creativity is overwhelming to me.

JANE IN NC - I hope your hand is healing properly. What a nightmare! I'm also glad you survived the accident intact. I'm sending cyberhugs to you...

LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS . . . I've been very distracted ever since our son got engaged. Those of you who have already married off your children will know what I mean. LOL I have left my purse in a restaurant, overnight (didn't even realize it till the next day!), had my cellphone fall out of my purse in a different restaurant which I did not realize until the next day (maybe I should eat a home more often...NOT!~), lost my favorite el-cheapo Timex wristwatch, and seems like I recently lost something else and I can't even remember what it is. Oh. Right. My mind. Aaaaack!

Things have changed... a lot ... since I got married 30+ years ago. Groom's parents now are expected to pay for more than just the rehearsal dinner. Ah, well, so much for women's liberation and Equal Opportunity. Yikes.

And I will have to make my MOG outfit because nothing in the stores will fit me properly. I'd rather be making a wedding quilt, but I can do that after the outfit is complete. Ah, well, there it is.

Sending quilty hugs to everyone.....
Doris

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Doris:
Gosh, Doris I've done most of those things, including losing the glasses for 2 weeks, and don't have an excuse like child getting married.
So, when is the blessed event?
I left my Timex at yoga class once, and was so happy when I asked about it that I jumped up off my mat and said "Thank You" in a loud voice. (being loud is something not to do in yoga)
Thanks for your help with the Ireland trip planning. Things are starting to come together.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home