Saturday, May 10, 2008

At least Jane hasn't lost her sense of humor...

I can just hear her saying "...I'm not dead yet!." What an ordeal. It is good to see that you are improving as the days go by, Jane. We had our last Guild meeting on Thursday evening so my tenure as Pres. is over - it was really a fun year. As a President's thank-you some of the guild members make blocks for the outgoing Pres. so I asked that they make blocks like the ones a lot of you made me last fall when I was diagnosed with BC. When I get the blocks put together it will certainly be a reminder of the the past year... At our last meeting we had Mattie Rhodes from Quiltsmart in Chanhassen - by Minneapolis. She did a workshop in the afternoon and a trunk show/lecture in the evening. Wow - was a fun day and what a neat technique. I started on a broken lone star and had to pick up another pattern before the day was over so will be doing a mariner's compass (some day).... Spring seems to have finally arrived in Minnesota - I got a good start on yard work. I actually called the college in town and posted a note for HELP for spring yard clean up . Three strapping young men came to rescue and picked up sticks, hauled piles and piles of leaves to the woods, carried out all the lawn furniture, etc., etc. I might have them come back to plant a bunch of shrubs for me too - DH has been really busy and gone quite a bit so he was really happy to see that a lot of the Honey Do jobs were already done this year. .. Better get something accomplished inside before I go play outside - Happy Mother's Day to all the moms .. Joleen in MN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home