Sunday, May 4, 2008

HI!

This will be a major accomplishment. I'm typing with both hands. That was impossible ten days ago. It hurts a bit and takes forever with lots of corrections. Hand surgeon says it will be a year of therapy before we will know the final outcome. I complained a bit about the typing and his warm, sympathetic response was "Do it. It's good for you."

The ankle had a setback because I was doing a bit of walking a few steps at a time and displace a bone that had been screwed together. The trauma surgeon predicted more surgery if I keep that up so I'm imprisoned in the house in the wheel chair. Having some nasty bouts of depression and didn't get to sleep til 4 AM this morning. It took several passes at finishing Lee Smith's wonderful new book, ON AGATE HILL. It was so sad that I could read only a few pages and then I would tear up and not be able to read until got under control and had dry eyes.

Weather here is perfect. I long for the day I can walk with Shadow again. All I can do is sit in the doorway and throw the ball.

Hand aches. Think I'll head for bed with new Grisham book, THE VERDICT.

Love to you all. Thanks for your support.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home