Monday, April 28, 2008

For Laura in IA, and other stuff

When I was in Denver about 15 years ago with DH I rented a car and drove out to Golden, CO. I think it's about 30 miles. Since I don't like beer I didn't visit the Coors brewery, but went into the town. There is a small storefront shop, the rocky mountain quilt museum. I was the only person visiting and got a personal talk, and the lady sent me across the street to a hotel to ask if I could see the star quilt hanging in the stair well. It was signed in india ink my members of a church who gave it to their pastor and wife when they traveled to Golden.
Since I was just starting quilting then I was in awe of everything, and how genuine and nice the quilters were/are. If you can, read the Quilt That Walked to Golden before your trip. It is more than about one person and her trip (on foot) to Colorado. It is about quilting and the hard life of frontier people in general, and a very good read.
JANE- I wondered why we had not heard from her in the past month or so.
Gosh, she must be a tough cookie to have survived that crash, but I'm sure she is "put out" over having a broken ankle.
MARION-Thanks for the info on your trip. Sounds like it was tons of fun, and great to see the family. I'm going to check out the vagabon tours right now for our visit to the travel agent tomorrow. A few months ago when we paid for our air flight I thought it was so much money. Now I'm really glad we did, as the cost has gone up with the cost of gas (petrol). We just have to hammer out some B & Bs and the rental car and a few other things.
DH & I have been doing physical work, I've put in lots of Lantana, honeysuckle, and other butterfly plants, and we are re-doing the entire front yard.
This has taken all our time and money and energy over the past month, so no quilting here -yet again.
I'll E to Jane right away.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home