Thursday, April 24, 2008

Snow in April

Jean at Mill Bay, I empathize with you and your snow. Here in Vermont, we were still getting snow at the beginning of April, and after the snowiest winter on record for our area, we, too, had a LOT of it.

What a difference now, though. Around the 14th the weather changed, and we had almost two full weeks of temps in the 70's--several days even made it up to 80 degrees! It was so weird; we went from winter immediately to summer. I was loving it though. All our snow is now gone except for a tiny bit here and there were there's shade--and I mean a TINY bit. I was sooooo glad to see it go.

To celebrate, I started a kit from Keepsake called, I think, The Tuesday Garden Club (or something like that). It has 10 inch squares of big florals, surrounded by a lattice, set on point with leafy green fabrics for the triangles around the edges. I've had to put it aside the past few days, but I have the rows pretty well together. So nice to see spring-like fabrics this time of year!

Five weeks of homeschool to go before exams, and it's like pulling teeth some days to get DS to focus and finish. I will be so glad to be done. I'm very proud, though, at all we accomplished. We finished his Literature textbook today, and his Vocab book is also finished; we're just doing spelling tests now on the words. Two subjects down, four to go...

Jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home