Friday, April 25, 2008

I am so exceited


I just got my Quilter's Newsletter magazine. On page 48 is a quilt that was made by ME.....
Back in the early 80's, I wrote in to a TV show, I think it was Georgia Bonesteel, the person was Ed Larson, that was on her show. He was looking for someone to quilt his designs. I wrote to him and he sent me a pattern for an appliqued quilt of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

The quilt was made and sent to him and he had it hang in a quilt show in CA. It was sold and I received one quarter of the profit. Half went to the gallery and the other half we split.

So today I opened the new magazine and I see work that reminds me of his style. Upon reading the article, I see it was him. I read how he gives the pattern to people he has never met, face to face and sometimes there are disappointing results. I thought, that is why he never called me again... I turn the page and there it is ! ! ! The quilt I made. I have been too excited to read the whole article yet, but I don't believe my name is mentioned. I have a photo that I took and I have scanned, and I have posted it here. Be sure to read the article.


Donna, LEH,NJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home