Tuesday, June 3, 2008

checking in

JEAN IN VT - Happy birthday! Oh how I wish I could turn 50 again. LOL

WEATHER - What a crazy spring we've had. It's been cool and wet. All of a sudden (this week) it is hot. Today we're to reach 90F. Yikes. My petunias don't look good but my sister thinks I need my soil checked. I probably do. Nutrients have probably been depleted. Sheesh! Yard work is challenging.

QUILTING - not much being done on the quilty front but I am formulating a quilt in my head to give our DS and his wife-to-be as a wedding ... well, maybe an Xmas ... gift. As I see what they are registering for in linens, etc., I'm getting an idea about the colors she likes. I've got to make my MOG dress suit first.

SEWING - and speaking of that MOG outfit . . . Why did I ever think I could match a random navy blue? What was I thinking?? Aaack! Oh well, I found some lightweight wool on the internet and will use that for the entire outfit. I'm fiddling with the pattern right now and will get started on it soon. (November wedding, but I am a slooooooow sewer and a busy person) That wedding quilt is my carrot on the stick. LOL

CELIA - Ooooooh! Congratulations on the news that you'll be a grandmother. How exciting! Please give Stacey a big hug for me.

I hope this finds everyone doing well. Hugs to everyone!

Doris W. in TN

2 Comments:

At June 4, 2008 at 4:46 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Congrats on the wedding! Try Miracle Gro on the plants, it does wonders. Have you guys got cicadas over there? Sounds like alien aircraft over here, LOL. Hugs. Lavinia

 
At June 4, 2008 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Lavinia - no cicadas in our part of town but 25 miles north says it's buzzing away. Eeew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home