Thursday, December 20, 2007

Season's Greetings

To all on the board, especially Jean, Celia, Doris, Heather, Jane, Marion, Kathi and who else have I forgotten, everyone else...good to see Raeann's note...Jane, good luck with your next knee operation and a safe drive, though you may have left, to Rochester..a skip and a jump across Lake Ontario but not at this time of year.

I am in the midst of kitchen renovations at the moment and all the tradespeople have worked hard to get the kitchen into a functioning state by next week...still tile to put up on the walls and painting to be done, last of all, in January. The counters were 39" high and standard is 36" high. I've been standing on a stool for years which, as I shrink with older age, means my boobs are in my mixing bowls half the time...I'm glad to have counters at the height I can work on.

Cooper has been visiting again; his dad has not been well and he is taking advantage of traveling with his wife while he is well enough to do so. Cooper is not good on recalls unfortunately and bolts out the door, me first, even when not asked or observed. He slipped out into the dark last night and only the distress of the two fur-girls here announced that something was amiss. It was Cooper who was missing and outside in the dark in the country with wild animals around and I was very, very upset with him. He was also upset. Stuck to me like glue after that. His parents return Sat. to pick him up.

We've been battling snow up here in southern Ontario and three storms, the last of which left many people stressed out, is slowing melting to about 2 ft. instead of 3 ft. high.

All the best for the coming week. I don't know the day of Christmas and I don't want to know. It will come all too soon.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2007 at 9:38 PM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

Rosie, your comment about counter height is funny. In the early 70s I fought like a tiger to get a contractor to make my counters 39" high. Every man who ever walked into my new kitchen remarked that it was really nice. Very few ever realized that it was nice because they didn't have to bend over to pour a cup of coffee. LOL.

Have a merry Christmas mess.
Betty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home