Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Red tide and the curtains from He--

Tuesday evening here. I'm one of those who love to watch "Dancing with the stars" and will watch the final tonight at 9:00 PM. My vote is for Helio, he did the best last night. Marie was to cutsie, the spice girl to spicy, so Helio was the overall best.

I have heard of red tide, and the fish kill that goes with it, but this past week was my first experience with it, and hopefully the last. It is a bacteria (I think) in the ocean that causes fish to die, but also causes eye and lung problems in humans. Although we didn't see any dead fish, the breathing was awful for 2 days, you couldn't even walk down to the ocean without coughing like a bad chest cold.
We did take the bikes, so went for several rides along some bike trails. The curtains were as stated in the title. It always seems to be hard to do something that is supposed to be "simple".
I did get the white liner part hung but had to bring the blue front pieces home to work on them. Had to use a long travis rod instead of what I wanted, so had to put pinch pleats in the curtains. What a pain in the neck. Hope to have them finished by tomorrow at this time.
Our T day dinner was fun, Turkey and all the traditional trimings at a favorite place. We did see the old cars, several times. On Friday night there was an "authenic" old car parade in Ormond Beach, just slightly north of Daytona. It is the 50th Anniv. of their meetings. LOts of fun to watch. It was "cool" cold by Florida standards, hard wind blowing off the beach.
Back to normal-just a setting on the dryer around here.
Sara in Florida

3 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

I first heard of the "red tide" from a friend who retired in Bradenton several years ago. I wonder if that's where U of Alabama gets their "roll tide" from? Their colors are red & white.

 
At November 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Doris:
I think it is from an old Hymn--can't remember the exact name of it, but something like the blood of Jesus washing us like a Crimson tide. (?)
Several years ago when we still had Hymn books in our church I remember laughing at that line, as it was football season at the time. If I get a "spare" 15 min. I could look it up.
In years past I think it was just called a fish kill, but I'm no expert on fish or tides or anything else.
Sara

 
At November 28, 2007 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - an old hymn?! Wow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home