Saturday, November 17, 2007

For Grace

Grace, I have been searching for your update on Precious, who has graced our lawns once or twice in past years...lol. I know that you live in a smaller rural community and the owners of the Husky might well get with it and pay half the bills up front...vet bills can add up so quickly when there is an accident and you don't think at the time, all you want to do is save the dog. I was faced with a similar awkward situation when a friend's two dogs attacked Geordie, as I mentioned below. She offered to pay the vet bill because her dogs were at fault but I knew that as a single person, she was on limited funds but the fact was, so was I at the time, during the illness that we were dealing with and I finally spoke to her and asked her to pay half the bills, which she did, immediately. I appreciated the help. It can get costly when accidents happen with pets.

I'm avoiding vacuuming at the moment...guests arrive in two hours and the woodsman somehow manages to leave a trail of leaves and woodchips bringing the wood into the livingroom. And that should see the last of the B&B bookings for this year. I'll have most of the winter off now and will start renovating the kitchen. The counters are at 39", three inches higher than normal...3 to 4, actually, and my 'boobs have been in my mixing bowls' for years since I'm shrinking in older age, not growing. I will be lowering all the counters. Likely now I'll feel they are too low, I've been working with my arms raised for so long.

Lovely day here in southern Ontario, sun is out, the Santa Claus parade is happening in town...glad not to be in there now...Curves this morning plus running around all done for the day. It's lovely to see the sun. Our days are short now and the darkness, long.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home