Wednesday, November 14, 2007

this & that, dogs, & Thanksgiving

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog being attacked by a Husky. Hopefully you have found the owner by now. Do you have an animal control where you live? Maybe they could help track down the owner.
As I write this I have a little puppy at my feet. "Pumpkin" came to us last night. She is 1/2 Yorkie, 1/2 Jack Russell, and so far has been a great little girl. She is 3 months old, and not more than 6 or 7 lbs. I hope she likes us, her previous mom & daddy had her mom also, but they are going from a big house to a condo and can only have 1 dog.
I've been a little crazy around here. The weekend was spent with old friends, kayaking and eating and hanging out. DH fell in the creek at one point, trying to go under a fallen palm tree. I made it through, but he twisted too much and tipped over. Wouldn't you know it, that is the time the camera decided to have a dead battery so I missed the picture. It was only about 2 feet deep there, so the main part was bailing out the kayak with only a water bottle. That took about 30 min, but then we had fun.
My GF who has the beach house is worried about the next storm taking out the place all together. They have lost so much beach over the 28 years that they have had the place it really looks different. The 4 palm trees that they planted when their kids were little are grown up to about 30 feet, and are wonderful.
It's always good to see old friends.
Have been working like crazy to finish up some curtains, and also trying to work on a quilt at the same time. Not a good idea.
The vein surgery went OK, but now I must wear a pressure bandage until Thursday morning. I should have put it off until after Thanksgiving, as we were going to go kayaking again. The head nurse said, "No way" if I get dirty water in the wounds they might get infected, and since there are 17 spots, that would be a real mess. I can walk and bike, however.
OK, that's enough of a break, must get some lunch in me and puppy.
Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home