Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hurricane Noel

Sara, you blew the storm straight up the east coast and into the Maritimes. Now I know a little of what you folks in the south go through with hurricanes however by the time it hit Nova Scotia, it was termed a tropical storm but bad enough it was. I flew east on Friday morning for the funeral of a very old friend. We landed in Halifax airport at noon Friday to a lovely sunny day but as we were boarding the flight in Toronto, the chap and his wife, whom I was flying down with, said: oh, oh...looks like that hurricane is going to hit the east coast...hurricane?! I don't enjoy flying let alone putting myself in the eye of a storm, away from home...don't mind if I'm on my home turf...In any case, we were all at supper in Chester Basin last night when the lights went out and the lightening started, huge flashes of lightening and rain the size of golf balls it seemed...this morning we had to dig the rental car out of pine trees that had fallen across it and the back window blew out from the tree damage. Air Canada managed to get flights into Halifax after a number of cancellations and we arrived home safe and sound late this afternoon. But I do not envy anyone living in tropical storms. They are ferocious. New Brunswick was hit as well.

MJ, sounds like you've had a lovely holiday.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home