Wednesday, November 7, 2007

cost of airline tickets?

OK, girls I need some help here. While checking on the price of airline tickets on line, and with a travel agent, I was given the information that to travel "business class" I could but 2 tickets for the price of one if I book 11 months in advance. Now I've been told this is not true. It seems that over $4,000.00 to get me and DH to and from another country is alot of money. Coach is something like $500.00. Why such a big jump in the price? It is on the same plane.
This may be the killer for the trip if I can't solve this quickly.
I'm putting in a call to the travel agent now.
Sara in Florida

2 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Check out cheapflights.com. But I think you will find that "business class" is the new "First Class" and correspondingly expensive. Since it *is* the same plane, why not fly coach?

Just a thought...

We are planning a trip to Europe for June/July next year and will travel coach and spend the money we save on a longer and nicer trip, with a better rental car and better hotels. But that is just us. :)

Jean

 
At November 9, 2007 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

As far as I know, Business Class is essentially First Class, perhaps without the champagne, etc. But the seats are as large and roomy. Everyone I know that has a stockpile of airline miles always upgrades to Business Class.

We've always flown coach, even with our long legs, when we go across the pond. We just can't pay those Business class prices. Well, we could, but there would be no money left for hotels, meals, golf, rental car, etc. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home