Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Feeling sheepish, anyone?

As some of you know, I prefer goat's milk, having been raised on it, and when I am in work I treat myself to a quart now and then. Well the other day we went to a superstore and I treated myself to a quart, as it was much cheaper than in our local supermarket. What was my surprise to see quarts of *sheep's milk* next to the goat! Here in Spain we use sheep's milk for making cheese, but never have I even heard of drinking it! It was a bit dear but I bought some to try.
Result: it tastes pretty much like normal 2% cow's milk though it has way fewer calories. But I still prefer the goat. Goat's milk *does* have a distinctive, though not strong, taste (not strong if you don't buy full-fat milk, which is gross) but I can't justify the almost-double price for something that I can't tell the difference from our normal (watery) cow's milk. Skimmed milk here is like water and chalk. I don't bother.

Finally have my appt with the endocrinologist on Tuesday and I hope they can help. The small dose of thyroxine has helped some but I still feel exhausted by day's end, almost shakey. Hair falling out, and apparently the excema-type eruption on my face can be linked to low thyroid as well. Not to mention the complete inability to lose weight over the last yr or so. I am TIRED of being tired!

DH best friend arriving tomorrow for a flying visit, so I must clean out my office as he wants to use my computer to compare with his own. Somebody call a dumptruck...LOL

It actually rained a bit last night,we had thunder, and for the last 3 nights no AC on! Roll on Autumn!

Hugs to all who need them.
anna in spain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home