Thursday, August 16, 2007

Well, I hate to say it...

...but about the time the US and Canada started their heatwave was about the time it cooled down over here! The past couple of nights we haven't even needed the AC. (AND we could have gone without during the last couple of days but DH likes the cool, now!) There must be a virus in the weather-shipping office computer!

DO remember to stay hydrated, ladies! It's so important. Dizziness, headaches, nausea and dry lips mean you need a drink of water, you're on the way to dehydration. If you're having a "bad day"--cranky, can't concentrate--reach for a cold drink of water and see if that doesn't perk you up. So many people interpret thirst as hunger! So if you get the munchies between meals, reach for the water. If it tastes good, you were thirsty.

Speaking of things acqueous...do they have "chocotherapy" over there? No, not candy to "make it better"--apparently the new wheeze in Europe is chocolate (or at least cocoa) in bath products--soap etc. Like aromatherapy. They say the theobromine helps something or other. I wanted some coconut bathgel but didn't go to the big fancy stores that sell it. All they had was chocolate and chocomint. Chocomint smells Awful in my opinion, but the chocolate bathgel smelled good enough to drink! Think Hershey's syrup only more so. Definitely not a child-friendly product to leave on the edge of the tub, but heavenly to bathe with. I scoff at its supposed antioxidant powers, but I like.

Well done and applause to all those winning the fight on flab! I was in a gym for about 6 mos last yr and put on 15 lbs, which is half of what I had lost. I'm hoping that when I see the endocrinologist next month they will be able to give me something to help the old metabolism kickstart itself. For now, I sleep SO much better--who'da thought that thyroxine would help me sleep!!

Not quilting or doing much of anything but tutor, write and read. Ah well...only one more month till autumn. Roll on, sweet gentle October, roll on.

anna in spain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home