Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday afternoon

Jane, I loved reading about your grandsons' visit to Grand'maw' up there in the mountains of North Carolina. What fun for you. Did the house seem empty after they left?

Marion, oh how I envy you starting your spring. We've been cheated out of our summer as have most folks in the flowering part of NA. The grass, normally green until later in August here in Southern Ontario, became burnt and dried crisply by late spring and it hasn't changed. The grass is crunchy to walk on. The only green we have is where I've watered from our well, which I have never done in all the years we've lived here, plus over the septic field. We are having a gentle rain at the moment and hopefully, every little bit of rain will help this parched landscape.

I'm watching a bif starling porking out on my bird seed and trying to feel charitable towards his gluttony. As the chap in the bird seed store said: just try to think of them in different colours (they are black). They clean me out of bird seed in no time at all.

Busy with the B&B and thinking that I may be getting too old to do this sort of thing but a few days in-between and I'm ready for more guests. I do enjoy it.

Thanks, Sara, for the weather update. Our friends are in CA at the moment camping in Yosemite Park but will be back home this coming week.
Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home