Friday, August 10, 2007

Postage rates, postings

ANNA-Yes the postage in the USA is through the roof. If I could send it for you please let me know. If it could go under "Media" it would be much cheaper, but don't know if it would qualify.
JANE- It is supposed to be 100 or more here today. I can only guess people are busy getting the grands/kids ready for back to school. It's too hot to do anything outside here unless it is before 8:00 AM or after 7:00 PM.
I did go for a dip in the neighbor's pool yesterday, it was like bath water. After than came home and took a nap.
My quilty GF who just came back from the SC/NC mountains said it was cool there in the evenings. They are looking at property to build their dream home on. He loves to golf, and will retire as an OB/GYN in 2 years. At least she is going to have a "loft" room to have for her quilting. I can't wait to go visit her in the mountains in August. We could have about 4 women there with our own little quilt retreat.
Meeting a landscape person at 10:30 AM for ideas on the back yard. I have a Southern Living mag. page 50, that I want to re-create in the back yard, if not too much $$$. Nix on the pond, it would be over $6,000.00.
I went to the vascular sergeon this week to see about removing some vericose veins. Will have the appt. on Sept. 18th. Outpatient, with lasar stuff. I have to wear the heavy, hot stockings for 2 weeks after, but at least it will be done. Seems I have a "backflow" problem.
OK, off to cut out a binding.
Sara in hot, sweaty, Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home