Wednesday, August 1, 2007

You are hearing from a puddle

Anna, for the life of me, I cannot imagine living in the heat that you do but I think you came from much further south than Canada so you might have been somewhat used to it. It does eventually cool down a bit overnight and by morning is actually quite pleasant but the day quickly heats up and it's now very humid again.

Friend Virginian and I went to see Hairspray this afternoon at the movie theatre and if you have a chance to see it, do. It is a musical...completely right through with some talking but once adapted to that, the music is toe-tappingly good and John Travolta, whom I inititally thought a lightweight as an actor, is absolutely superb. I saw him in a motorcycle movie not long ago and he was very good in that. Given that he appears to have a fairly quiet existance off-screen, my hat goes off to him for what he's achieved. It's a hugely energetic movie. Queen Latifa (sp?) is excellent as are the young leads.

I am delighted to announce the arrival of one tree toad at the B&B. I don't want to tell you what happened to our resident tree toad this year...too gory, but I found a lovely fat one in my window box and he got gently sprayed with water today. They make such wonderfully burbling noises that I've missed hearing it.

Was thinking of batiks...not tie dyes...brain farts occur.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home