Saturday, July 28, 2007

Spam, again

I awoke, after a disrupted night tripping off to the loo so many times I lost count, only to fall into a deep sleep, naturally, close to morning and I have B&B guests to feed. It's a misty, coolish morning here in Ontario after much needed rain last evening but not nearly enough to sate the poor yellow grass. And when I turned on my computer what should greet me but this: "Paradise in Bed"....well, at my age, paradise is peace of mind, seeing my family, having my husband stay on an even keel, my health, his, my family's health, but paradise in bed would be having a good night's sleep at this stage of my life.

Which brings me to the fact that Sue & Eric might wish to eliminate their other two public sites. I looked to see news of Kitty, that Marge had mentioned and found nothing but ads for car insurance, Viagara and other offensive postings. Maybe it's like using a salt lick to attract deer...a loss leader to keep the wolves at bay, leaving a site where all this spam and offensive junk can be posted, I don't know.

Jane, I simply don't understand how that mess came about with your emails on the Ashville Quilt Guild site...how does the internet work that way? And it's nice that some of you are persistant enough to make sure we all get on this board and enjoy posting.

Marian, good to hear from you and that your weather is improving down under.

Better head off, I can hear people stirring. The pace is letting up after a busy month and August will be, I expect, a respite for a busy Sept. ahead.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home