Thursday, July 19, 2007

Weighing in -- a bit late...

Relax, Pat! You are not alone. While I did not gain anything in the last several weeks, I also did not lose. Actually, I am surprised and a bit pleased by that! I have been having a bad few weeks and was pretty sure that I was porking it on as a result of stress and over eating.

The little old lady I manage things for developed pneumonia and we thought we were losing her. (She is beating all the odds and recovering nicely now -- not bad for a bedridden 98 year old!)I had to have two of my cats put to sleep in the same week. I have a house guest who has been here a month and will be here several more weeks. DH continues to work in Alberta. The list goes on, but I won't bore you with it. Suffice it to say that I have not been having fun and my diet and exercise choices have suffered as a result.

DH has been home for the last week and I have had a bit of a break and am feeling a bit more rested. He leaves again tomorrow for two weeks but he will be home after that (except for the fishing trips!) so life can get back to some kind of normal. He is wanting me to plan a holiday for myself as a reward for surviving this summer-from-hell but at this point all I really want to do is catch up my sleep! LOL

Kitten report: It has been a good year in the feral cat rescue business! We have less kittens than in the past few years and they have been mostly pretty healthy. I have 11 little ones running around the house right now and they are all wonderful healthy playful little critters. Not surprisingly, looking at these guys, we have not been able to keep up with the demand for our kittens this year. Usually by July we have a backlog of kittens waiting to get their turn in the public eye -- this year we are getting phone calls looking for more kittens! (And, yes, I am touching wood!) Several of the feral colonies we have been working with for the last few years have now reached a point where there are no new kittens being produced and we have volunteers feeding regularly. That would be how we define success!

It has stopped raining and I think I will take this opportunity to spend a bit of quality time with some weeds. I am losing the weed battle again, I fear.

Jean, finding gardening a bit frustrating...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home