Friday, July 27, 2007

back at home/then gone again

Greeting from hot,sweaty Florida. I drove back from WPB today, and got straight to taking a nap. Did a lot of things with my 89yr. old Mom. We went to see Evan Almighty, out to lunch and dinner several times, and to the fancy-smancy mall in Boca Raton. Drove up and down A1A in Palm Beach and Worth Ave. Ahh! The ocean is a lovely blue-green-teal color. It was 95 most days and afternoon storms. I cleaned up Mom's kitchen. Threw away two large garbage bags of expired cake mixes,flour,cereal, canned things. Straightend/washed 3 drawers of "stuff" and put down new shelf paper. I ran the dishwasher every day with loads of dishes, crystal, and so forth.
We did get out to the Boca Town center and go to Nordstrom's summer sale and each bought new Nike's. They were on sale. Pushed her around in a wheel chair, the mall is lovely. We had a lunch at Neiman-Marcus. Not much to brag about IMHO.
Almost every evening I rented a movie to give her something to watch.
I got her to the local agg. building to explore the gardens. I was dripping sweat pushing her at 10:00 AM. The master gardner in the office was quite helpful with my questions on palm trees, and tropical plants. One of Mom's neighbors has a beautiful yard with all sorts of tropical plants. Maybe I can grow one or two here if I keep them in pots and bring them inside in the cold weather.
Tomorrow we are off to Charleston to kayak, bike, golf and eat bar-b-q.
I'll probably have to go on a fast when I return to get off all the extra pounds.
Sara in sweaty Fla.

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2007 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - kayaking, biking, and golf and you're talking about a fast??? I doubt it after all that activity. I'm worn out reading and thinking about it. LOL

 
At July 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

No, silly. when I return from all that!
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home