Saturday, August 11, 2007

News from "Down Under.."

Which makes me wonder...who was it, that decided north would be the north and south would be south ?

Anyway.......just signing in to tell you that we have had some magical spring days here and that the garden has come back to life. There are buds appearing everywhere and even a few brave flowers coming out in the garden. Sooooo encouraging after such a cold and wet July..

Jane I loved hearing about your grandson's visit. They seem such nice young men and obviously love coming to stay with you. Had to smile as the story of the trip to the movies unfolded ! You MUST have seen that one coming !!

Anna, I too have been disappointed by the cost of having fabric sent from America. It all looks so lovely in the catalogues and at such a good price but by the time the postage is added it doesn't seem such a good idea. I regret the passing of the "land/sea" mail option. Everything is Air Mail these days. It took a lot longer but was so much cheaper. With family in England I always used it and it became second nature for me to have things ready to mail 6/8wks before birthdays etc. I used to send my mother a Christmas cake every year. In the new year she would fill the tin with all sorts of goodies and return it . That tin was very well travelled and became part of the family folk-lore !

I can't imagine how you are all coping with the heat. It rarely gets above 30deg C here,I find that difficult enough to deal with. It's still winter ofcourse, so we average about 12 deg most days. We did have two days this week up around 20 which was just lovely..

Time to go, here's wishing you happy days..
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home