Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thursday..

Just thought I should cool you all down a bit by telling you that we had frost, on the inside of our bedroom windows this morning ! A lovely morning though, clear blue skies and bright sunshine . The Alps look magnificent..

DH and I are joining with three friends on Saturday, to drive down to Lake Wanaka, a beautiful lake set amongst the mountains, about a six hour drive from here. We used to go every winter but it's four years since I was able to go, so I am really looking forward to it. This time last year I was helping to move DD#2 up to Auckland. The two men go ski-ing and we three ladies walk and talk and read and sew , it's altogether a very good break ! (providing that the ski-ing conditions are good !!) We stay in a very comfortable "holiday"home, belonging to friends of friends. We pay ofcourse, but it is well worth it and so much better than hiring a motel.. I have my "activity bag" packed already and several good books to read , I could be away for many weeks and not run out of things to do !! Here's hoping for some good weather. I should have some lovely photos to post when we come home...

The garden is bristling with activity (despite the heavy frost !) Some early tulips out , anemones and narcissus....altogether quite beautiful...

Katie...I hear you... It's very hard for sensitive, caring mothers to have to cope with rudeness from the children. My D(?)GC quite shocked me when they were down in July. Their mother tries so hard to please them. Our other daughter is quite hard on her children and they don't put a foot wrong ! I am hoping it is just a "phase" they are going through and that they will suddenly turn into responsible, caring adults... ( just hope I live long enough to see it !)

Rosey, interesting to see mention of Linda. She used to post daily, we haven't heard anything about her life for months. Does anyone know how she's getting on ?

Time to go. I 'll look forward to catching up with the news when we return from Wanaka..

Marion.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2007 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Marion:
We have frost inside our windows too. The A/C makes the temp. and humidity inside lower than the outside. I think yesterday the humidity was about 97%.
Enjoy your break. I'm thinking about having one also.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home