Thursday, May 31, 2007

Almost there!

It is the Thursday weigh in and the news is all good! One pound to go! 19 lost since I started in mid March! By next week I should have hit or passed the target of twenty pounds -- and since this is going so well and since DH is going to be away again for a few more weeks, I think I will just carry on. It is not like I don't have more weight to lose!

The twenty pound target was for a specific purpose. Last year I toured the local raptor center (Pacific Northwest Raptors -- they have a website) with a friend and that reminded me that after watching a display of falconry in Europe a number of years ago, I had said that I would like to learn to do that. Turns out the local center offers courses, so my friend and I informed our husbands that we wanted to take a falconry course and they could get that for us for Christmas. Being sensible lads, they did! We now have a date set for the full day class -- and I have dropped enough weight that it is going to be much easier to scramble around the rough terrain with a very big bird on my arm! Between Curves and the diet, I am feeling quite fit these days.

Yes, raccoons can get very big and can be very aggressive toward other creatures. You never want to corner one! We have had losses here, as Rosey mentioned, and I really do not like them! They will kill for the fun of it, and there are few sights as heartbreaking as the carnage in a chicken pen after they have gone on a killing spree. I try very hard to share my world with the rest of the creatures God put here, but it is a stretch with the raccoons!

I have company coming for the weekend, so I am doomed to spending this wonderful sunny day getting my house fit for guests. Yuck! Maybe if I work fast, I will be able to get outside for some quality time with the weeds...

Jean, who adopted out another of the foster kittens yesterday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home