Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's war!

Yesterday I came to understand that the term 'stove polish' means that after the black is applied to the surface of anything, polishing is the next thing that needs to occur. I've used some black stove polish on surfaces that did not need polishing...and where was that product when I went searching for it again in the stores? I applied a new stove polish product to our outside wrought iron wood storage unit on the porch beside the front door...a solid base with wrought iron sides, a 'U' shaped unit...and in summertime I put pots of flowers there instead. After a winter's usage of wood storage, I have to apply stove polish to blacken it again. Trouble is, the black polish kept coming off on my hands and it never occured to me to wonder why. After coming into contact with my new quilt yesterday and leaving marks on that (which has mostly come out with an application of soap and water) I polished it last night. It has come out nice and shiny. Imagine that...another example of my not reading the small print and instructions which is why I find sewing machines frustrating. I have to read the instructions on how to operate them. It must be a mind-set just special to certain people who like to frustrate themselves.

I've awoken to the realization this morning that we are in full battle mode now with raccoons. One has taken our metal garbage can full of bird seed, taken the bungy cord, which was impossible for me to budge after Jock managed to secure it tightly over the top of the lid, turned it upside down and taken thirty feet away from it's location. At the front of the house, the composting pail is turned upside down, too. It was empty as garbage day was yesterday. It is war.

I guess if it's not cats using gardens for kitty litter boxes, it's raccoons looking for a midnight snack.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

War on racoons:
Rosey: I want to be sensitive to the animal lovers, but the get rid of the racoons I have also resorted to rat poision. The type that come in little white packs that you just lay down. They eat the stuff. Don't know if they just get sick, or actually die, as I've never seen a dead one here. It works for a few weeks.
You might want to put that can of birdseed in your shed or garage.
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home