Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wow, Rosey!

You sound like you're having fun with your raccoons. I didn't think they would be strong enough to tip over a can full of seed. Do they work in teams? I've only ever seen pictures; how big are they, compared to a cat? I know they are very dexterous with their paws.

Up here, we have problems with bears. They are very strong and will go to great lengths to get into garbage. I also burn off my barbeque as soon as I'm finished cooking, and I have stopped composting (it makes me so mad to have to do that) because I feel it's like putting out a buffet. Bears who come into town or to the dump are very attracted to the rotting fruit and vegetable smell. At camp, we dispose of our bacon grease, etc., quickly and lock up our garbage. I don't even compost there are even more bears out in the bush.

It's a big year for bears so far. My DSIL took some pictures of a bear on the long weekend. It came out onto the highway, so he stopped the car. He said it circled the car several times, sniffing aroung, looking for all the world as if he were thinking about buying it! We just pray for a bountiful berry crop this summer.

All that said, it's worth the hassle to live in the beautiful bush. Just annoying sometimes.
Brenda in Nn Ontario

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home