Thursday, April 26, 2007

News from "Down Under"....

Hello Ladies,

It's been awhile since I posted. Sorry about that. I read the page every day, so thank you to all who take the time to post !

Not a lot of news from my corner of the world. The autumn days have brought a glorious display of colour and some lovely sunny days. Today it is wet and quite a lot cooler, so the best may be over !

I have been busy quilting . The "sailor" quilt is finished and just waiting to hear when (and where)the baby arrives ! My nephew and his wife are in Valencia, he is sailing in the "America's Cup" races. They have had very little wind over there so they are days behind with the schedule ! My nephew is on the Swedish boat and I think he thought they would be eliminated by now and he and his wife would be on their way back to UK. for the arrival of the baby , expected on May !! Sensibly, they have got a plan B .... ! I will get my DH to take a photo of the quilt before it goes. You may remember that the pattern was found, and procured for me, by two BB members.. (thanks again ladies..) I have also been working on a baby- blocks knee quilt. It was finished this week and posted yesterday, to my sister for her 70th Bday, later in May... Sooooo lots of hand sewing and sore thumbs......

"Holly" the Beagle pup continues to amuse and entertain us. No chewed shoes lately, I'm pleased top say. She is going to stay with our neighbour (who lives about 6miles away, incase you are wondering !!) They have a Beagle there too and the two of them enjoy each other. ( So pleased to hear the good news about Shadow, Jane. )

DGS rang early this morning . It's his tenth Bday today. He was very excited .

Better start my day. The house is looking neglected and we have visitors coming over the w/end...!!
Marion in NZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home