Thursday, April 26, 2007

Checking In

I don't believe I have posted since I signed up for the Chat. Right now we are dealing with rain and believe me if I could, I would send the gallons that our sump pump is putting out to those in need. The officials say we have about 3" but I can almost see the gauge from the house and it seems like it has more than that in it. Rivers are out of their banks and a few roads washing out. At least we can be thankful that tornadoes are not included with the rain. I just worry about the sump pump motor overworking while we sleep. So, I don't sleep much.

I have had two out patient procedures and one bad case of the flu this winter. It was the achey kind with 105 fever like we had in the 50s!

The fact that our 3rd grandchild was born in Phoenix this winter and we got to spend 10 days in the glorious weather snuggling with a baby kept me from being depressed from all the maladies.

I have been trying to finish quilts for our guild show in June in between these events, so I have done some sewing. I also have two nieces expecting this summer and some 3 year-old twins who want "big boy" quilts already. Those quilts are still in my mind. I also piled most of my fabric on the spare bed this winter and sorted it back into the proper containers. Well, actually, I am in the process of doing that. I still have 2 stacks and all the FQs to deal with yet. I do own some lovely fabric which I need to use up.

I have been trying to read as often as I can and think of you each in your times of need or rejoice in your rewards. Take care everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home