Sunday, April 22, 2007

MN checking in -

Like Mayme said, I need to sign in more so I remember how to post. I've been trying to finish up a couple of quilty things before I get started outside. Once I start with yard work (even tho I don't consider it work) I'm not done until October so I can usually wait until a few nice days have passed. That said, it was pretty hard to stay out of the gardens yesterday because it was a gorgeous spring day in MN. I am finally ready to hand stitch the border on a quilt that is a wedding present - well, make that anniversary present since their 5th is coming up soon! I was almost done with it a l-o-n-g time ago and then decided to do a lot more MQing, then I put it away and it didn't see the light of day for quite some time. Then I'd do a little, put it away again, etc. What finally prompted me to finish is that my long-time friend (the bride's mother) is getting remarried in about a month and we will be heading to Iowa for the wedding. I thought I better get the "wedding" quilt done as well as a quilt for my friend. So both of them are done except the binding. The quilt for my friend is a "4 corner posey"? It is similar to the stack and whack from a few years back but this is just using 4 identical squares that are sewed together kaleidoscope-like. What a fun, fast quilt. I also took 3 quilts to a machine quilter so I'm feeling quite virtuous right now - Better get a little hand sewing done before it is time to head to my daughter's band concert. Joleen in MN

4 Comments:

At April 22, 2007 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Sue in Iowa said...

Joleen - good to see your post! Where in Iowa is the wedding? That 4 patch posey is a great quilt. I have done one and have fabric for two more. I don't think I will do another stack and whack now that I have done this one! Are you going to MN quilt show in June? We plan to be there on Thursday. Looks like I am about out of room! Sue in Iowa

 
At April 22, 2007 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Raeann in MO said...

I am looking for the posey quilt pattern. Was told to go to WDdesigns.com but it isn't there. Can either Sue or Jolene help?

Raeann in MO

 
At April 23, 2007 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

Raeann - my pattern has the following info: e-mail: hde@frontiernet.net; web site www.hddesigns. net. Pattern is "4-patch stacked posies" If you don't find it there, let me know and I can check with the shop where I bought mine.

Sue - Not sure about the MN quilt show yet. If I go on Thurs, I'll let you know. The wedding is in Sioux City and it will have to be a quick trip down and back this time because we have our choir concert at church the next morning and I am the director - they might notice if I was missing! Joleen

 
At April 23, 2007 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Raeann in MO said...

Thanks Jolene. It makes a difference if its .com or .net. LOL

Raeann in MO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home