Sunday, April 22, 2007

Just braggin'

Sent my Appalachian Spring ~ To God be the Glory to a local church quilt show this week (16th annual show so it was pretty good, some quilts better than Pigeon Forge). Brought home First Place in Mixed Techniques, Best of Show and Judges Choice. Will post another picture, just can't help myself 8^). Did not get Viewers Choice as there was a group that decided they would all vote for a quilt that did not get any ribbons. Anyhow, it was all an uplift to my spirit, which really needed one, as my son passed away four years ago this week and I was feeling "down."

JANE, what a picture -- guineas picking ticks off dogs. Guess you could always go to Florida and round up some cattle egrets, as you know they do the same thing on the cattle LOLOL.

MAYME big hugs. Get well soon. Been there, done that. Take care of yourself first and foremost.

WEIGHT WATCHERS ugh...after seeing some of the pictures of myself should sign off Jabba the Hut (forget the full length mirror) have to get down and serious about this deal. Just have to get DH on board, he did so good before his back surgery and gained it all back and now having major problems again. Nothing on the MRI. Wish there was a close place to walk, gas is so expensive aargh. Where's that Richard Simmons tape for seniors? (I put it away after I tried to do the whole tape and wound up floored for 4 days). Hugs to all. Lavinia-TN

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home