Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back on track!

Well! I am feeling much less frustrated to day! 11, almost 12, pounds since I started, so I have almost made up for the bad week. DH said something very unflattering about the baggy jeans I was wearing yesterday, so I dug out some older ones this morning and find that I have, indeed, dropped a full size. Life is good!

For those of you who are bored beyond tears by the continuing saga of my diet, please be patient. A study has just been completed that shows that people who are trying to make healthy lifestyle changes, like improving diet and exercise, do much better with a buddy --- **but only** if that "buddy" is a stranger! I am finding that my commitment to coming here once a week and reporting my progress has made it a lot easier to stick to the plan. I thank you all!

DORIS, dogs do not need a high protein diet. Cats do, dogs don't. Many of the joint and bone problems the larger breeds suffer from these days are the result of very high protein puppy foods, and can be avoided by giving a much lower quality diet to growing dogs. Think about dogs in the wild -- they are opportunistic feeders (a phrase that covers a lot of disgusting behaviour!) and certainly do not eat meat at every meal. They also don't necessarily eat a meal every day. We overfeed our domestic dogs, both in quantity and in quality, in North America.

But add me to the list of people who are considering cooking up my own dog food. I used to do it and I may well start again. The reason for my reluctance is that I know that once I start doing that there is no way I will ever be able to get the dogs to eat commercial food again. They already refuse most commercial biscuits, preferring the ones that I make.

The sewing room project is more than half complete. Bags and bags of stuff have been sent off into the world or are waiting to go to Freecycle, and it is only patterns and magazines that are waiting to be sorted. May I suggest that you guys never let your sewing rooms contents go unsorted for more than ten years at a time? LOL

I am off to the airport soon. Two cats I adopted out were moved to Alberta and did not take well to the change. They are being flown back home this morning and I will be picking them up and bringing them back here. Poor things...

Hope you all get to do something that is fun today!

Jean

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2007 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Beverley said...

Well done Jean, keep it up. I need to lose 14lbs, but just have no will power. How do you get the will power??
Bev in sunny England.

 
At April 19, 2007 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Congrats Jean!
I seem to have one excuse after
another not to watch what I've
been eating!
Sorry for your little kitties, hope
they get a wonderful home next time.
Jill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home