Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday morning post & in the right place...

It says above, Bulletin Board Chat. I don't know how I managed to make a slip to the other board either. But at least I know that it can be corrected with this new foremat.

Jane, I know how you feel about living closer to your grands. I could move to Guelph, Ontario and I love the city, it's small, it's charming and it has a university, where if I wanted, I could return to, it has a health food store and a quilt shop. Everything I could ever want and I would live close to my grands. But I think of the fact that I've lived for so many years without neighbours in my backyard and could I cope. You live in a slice of heaven in the mountains of NC; that would be very hard to give up; that plus the weather along the southern shores of the Great Lakes, whew...in wintertime..they get more than their share of snow up there. At least we are on the opposite side of the lake and don't get the lake effect as Rochester does.

My SIL ran in the Boston Marathon this week-end and I spoke to him yesterday afternoon just after he managed to walk, under his own steam, back to their hotel. He did it in around 3 hours and some minutes. He will check it out on the computer to see where he placed when he comes back home today. He said the headwinds about 3/4's of the way through the race were very bad and slowed everyone down. That, and the rain and cold, didn't sound like fun. Good thing the runners were pumped on adrenalin.

And it's grey and overcast again here today but at least it may not be snow. Yesterday we had everything, snow, rain, sun, mostly grey. I'd almost welcome pollen-days just to get some warmth up here and some sun.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home