Monday, April 16, 2007

the recent freeze . . . and sinuses

LAURA IN AL - We here in middle TN had the same freeze over Easter and there is a lot of dead stuff on the bushes & trees. 22° lows over Easter did a lot of damage! The crepe myrtles look like dead lettuce, pecan & walnut trees look like they've been burned, etc. The list just goes on and on. Around here the local experts are saying to not do anything and things should start to come out within the next few weeks. We seem to have had March and April exchange personalities and our flora have suffered. My Russian Sage is gone, butterfly bushes look dead, rose bushes cooked, etc. etc. etc. and the Hostas all are like dead lettuce along with my mums. Ugh I'm just grateful we're not having that Nor'easter that is flooding and snowing the New England area. We'll keep our problems and not complain.

SINUSES - there is something going around that settles in the throat and sinuses. I think DH and I had a slight touch of it this weekend but so far we've gotten off rather easy. We know others who sound worse and in are bad shape. I'm knocking on wood that I stay on the mend. IN the meantime, I have suspended any walking in the wee hours of the morning. I need that rest to keep my immune system up , and will have to hit the dreaded treadmill. Ugh.

I did a massive clean-out of my garment stash this past weekend and will donate it to a local fashion design school. All their students are starving and on tight budgets, as students usually are, and they welcome donations. I've been cleaning out closets and carrying stuff to GoodWill also. It's sooo hard to get started on this type project but once I'm in motion, it really feels good.

Welp, the hockey playoff game between our Nashville Predators and San Jose Sharks just started on TV so I've got to go watch. We have tickets for the home playoff games and . . . if you've never been to a NHL play-off game you don't know what you're missing. ;-) Makes regular season play look like high school intramurals. So much excitement, and we're exhausted the next day. LOL!

Hugs to everyone,
Doris W. in TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home