Monday, April 16, 2007

Just venting

Before I get off on my rant about the bad weekend, Jane--wanted you to know the pics. of the grand kids and their blocks were wonderful. I do love the new added feature of the blog so that we can see pics. now.
A wild weekend everywhere, I'm glad I'm not in Boston now, can't even think of running in the weather they are having today. I've got the TV on the weather chanel and looking at Jim Cantori with all the snow/rain/and so on.
We had our first bad experience in renting our condo. Evidently the new magmt. co. didn't have us in the computer as being "non-smoking" and rented the place out to some smokers last week. Not only were there cigarette butts on the balcony, but the couch, chairs, bed, etc. all smelled of smoke. I sprayed Fabreze on everything, aired it out, but to no avail. Had the mgmt. call a carpet cleaning service, who came and worked on the couch and chairs and made it somewhat better, but the sinuses were in bad shape. On top of that, the wind from the no'easter hit Sat. afternoon and sandblasted everybody and everything! We were both crabby and not in good moods, not a way to celebrate 29 years of being married.
On top of that, the renters broke the lock on our Owners cabinet, and went through out personal things. --Yuck.
So, today I'm washing, Febrezing, everything we took with us, including the suitcase.

On a pleasant note--we found a new to us state park, and had a good time there on Friday. Saw my first Manatees--they were the same color as the brackish water. Odd looking creatures.
The Hancock's fabric store in Port Orange, Fla. is going out of business, and all of what they had left was 70-80% off, so I did manage to buy a few things. I'm sorry they are closing though.
OK, off to eat a salad with chicken and re-boot the laundry.
Sandblasted Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home