Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy Red Hat Day

To all who may be celebrating today, happy Red Hat Day.
Summer has arived here in Florida, out moving the hose around in the side yard every 30 minutes, after 4:00PM, as that's when the water restrictions stop. The squirl resistant feeder is hanging up, but the birds won't go to it as it keeps moving in the wind. Will have to get DH to put it on the PVC pipe we bought after all. I agree with Jane that 6' is the perfect height. If it can be done when I'm on the bus trip to see the quilts at Gee's Bend on Saturday, all the better.

Our little red hat group went out to lunch at the Olive Garden, across from the local mall. There were 4 other red hat groups there and several groups for secretary's day. Oh --ah--lets make that professional assistant's day, or whatever they are calling it now. The food was OK, then we were across the street to the local mall for a presentation of teddy bears for the local news person who does the breast cancer awarness program. She presents them to chemo patients, or someone who is a volunteer with the organization does. I did get to speak to her, and she is as nice in person as she aprears to be on TV. I think she had a fight with breast cancer herself in the years past.
Jane-so good to hear the good news about shadow. I'm sure you are relieved. Your yard sounds wonderful.
There is a comercial on TV here for Tractor Supply and the man says his buddy from the suburbs has "people" to do his yard. The reply is, so do I. Me, myself, and I.

This week has been much better so far than last. DH and I went out for a semi-romantic dinner last Friday night and had a wonderful dinner. It was only semi-romantic as it was 6:00 PM and he wanted to go to Blockbuster afterwards to rent movies! Oh well, at least after 29 years we are still together and can laugh at things, mostly ourselves.
Have put my foot down and said I'm going to yoga class on Wednesday nights. No more excuses just doing it. I'm much more limber and in a good frame of mind when I go. Found a great teacher and just follow her around wherever she teaches. At only $7.00 per class it's a bargin.
No quilting here lately. I did spend about 5 to 6 hours total last week cleaning, pitching out, etc. lots of scraps of fabric that were too small to keep anyway. Got the magazines and books in some of those holders from Target and Current so things look better.
Ok, lets hear from more people.
Two GFs are off to Pad. KY. today for the big quilt show. I opted out this time.
Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home