Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thanks. Doris!

I have this theory that I have held for years. I believe that the weight of the Earth is fixed and unchanging, so every time something gets lighter, something else gets heavier. It seems that Doris found the 4 pounds I have lost so far! LOL The Spring diet is going well -- I am now 1/5th of the way to the goal of 20 pounds. I can do this! ("I think I can, I think I can...") My apologies to whoever is going to pick up the next 16 pounds. LOL

Further to my Fixed Weight Universe Theorem, I suspect if we in North America got busy and dealt with the epidemic of obesity we are suffering here, starvation in the third world could be all but eliminated. And look at all the savings in food, fabric for out-sized clothes, wear and tear on vehicles, furniture and so on, and saved medical resources -- the list is endless! Look at all the resources that would be available for redistribution to the rest of the world. (Please do not stone me, nor explain the realities of global economics to me -- it is my theory and I like it!)

On a quilty note, I am starting today (for completion by Sunday! ) a quilt for my turning-three grandson. It uses the "Cars" panel and a couple of the coordinating fabrics, and it will be very quick and simple. The question I posed over on the about.com forum was about the quilting of the panel -- I would love to know what other people have done with that. Has anyone here done or seen one?

Jean at Mill Bay, off to press the Cars fabric...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home